The purpose of this case study isn't to show how I created thousands of organic visits. Rather, it is to show how valuable a local landing page can be with as little as 200 monthly organic sessions.
SEO is not just for large companies looking to dominate broad search terms. When you understand how to maximize free traffic, small optimizations can lead to big returns for small local businesses as well.
Read on to learn how I generated qualified nearly 250 leads for an auto dealer that has sustained through the COVID-19 pandemic. If you want me to do this for your business, get in touch with me.
My client is a used car dealer located in the Northeast Atlantic region of the United States. They are a well-known dealer in their local area, however, they were struggling to generate qualified leads for a specific target audience.
The landing page was rewritten in September of 2019. All stats and metrics are through June 30, 2020.
- Competitor Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Landing Page Optimization
- Local SEO
- Conversion Rate Optimization
The client wanted to generate qualified leads targeted towards prospective used car buyers with no credit or poor credit.
- They already had a webpage mentioning this service, however, the page was not gaining organic traffic or generating leads.
- No extra budget to put towards a separate organic or paid campaign to promote their poor credit used car financing service.
Primary goal – Generate marketing qualified leads (measured in phone calls and pre-qualified form fills from the landing page)
- Generate organic traffic
- At least one primary keyword ranking on page 1 of Google
- No extra cost to the client (included within the scope of our contract)
Utilize landing page optimization on the website to speak specifically to the no-credit, bad-credit used car loan service. We utilized the following strategy:
- Competitive analysis to determine threats and opportunities within this competitive search landscape
- Keyword research to determine how users were searching for the service on the web
- Targeted On-Page SEO to make sure users get the necessary information to increase Search Engine Result Page (SERP) click-through rates (CTRs)
- Rewriting landing page copywriting to enhance user engagement
- Clear CTAs to contact the dealer via phone or inquiry form on the page
- Internal linking from main pages on the site
Since optimizing the landing page last September, the page has generated a little less than 200 organic sessions per month (which also includes COVID-19). However, I was able to properly target and maximize that traffic to nearly 250 qualified leads in 8 months from a page that previously did not generate leads.
- 247 qualified leads
- 92 'Get Pre-qualified' Form Submissions
- 155 Click to Phone Calls
- Ranking on Page 1 of Google (positions 1-10): 33 Keywords
- Ranking in Top 3 Positions on Page 1 of Google: 20 Keywords
- Producing a featured SERP snippet: 6 keywords
- Avg Organic Sessions/Month since optimization: 183.3 sessions
- Avg Leads/Month: 30.9 leads
- Avg Organic Session Duration: 3m 26s
- Avg Page/ Organic Session: 5.63 pages